Tuesday 14 June 2011

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue




Having spent a small fortune on my dress I felt that this suitably constituted my something new.



The night before the wedding I still didn’t have something old, borrowed or blue and was beginning to despair. Mum remembered an old charm bracelet she had from she was a teenager and she hunted it out to see if there was anything on there that would fit the bill. I went through each charm one by one until I discovered a little birdcage with a blue bird perched inside and I knew it was perfect. We decided that it would be lovely sewn onto the lace wrapped around my bouquet. Unfortunately the little charm got lost somewhere on the day as it wasn’t on the bouquet when it was taken from the reception and my sister assumed that I had taken it off. I am still devastated to have lost it because it was so old and I never got to return it to mum, the loan outstanding.

No comments: