Tuesday 14 June 2011

The Dress and Accessories



Having thought I’d found the dress I would wear on my wedding day, I went to “one more shop”, Joshua Thomas Bridal Emporium in Lurgan, just to be certain. As soon as I walked through the door the owner said she had an Amanda Wyatt dress perfect for my shape which, in fairness, isn’t always the easiest to complement.


When she brought it out I wasn’t certain – too satiny and a sort of “big girl” dress but I did like that it was plain and it had a certain timeless, classy elegance about it.



As soon as I put it on I felt a million dollars. It done all the right things in all the right places and that was the decision made.



I wanted to go for a modern chic vintage look and decided to customise the dress a little to make it mine (as a born crafter you just have to) and added a halter neck strap and a vintage brooch. I teamed it up with a birdcage veil, also from Amanda Wyatt which was designed for me at the bridal shop’s request and which has now been added to Amanda Wyatt’s collection of accessories.



I got great compliments all day about how I looked like a 1950s glam movie star which made me feel amazingly beautiful and special.



For the reception I changed the headpiece to one bought on Etsy.com from FloralWorld which I loved.



My shoes were called Jaynie from Brianna Leigh which I bought from shoebuy.com in the US which were just the right height for me and very comfortable.



My bracelet was from Debenhams and my earrings were from Coast.




(all photos courtesy of Angel Photography apart from self-portrait)

No comments: