Saturday 16 October 2010

6 years with Mr M...

Today it is 6 whole years since I got together with my Mr M and I can barely believe it.
Neither of us had been with anyone longer than 8 months before we met each other and after 2, 3, 4 years we would be so surprised that we had managed to be with each other for so long. Now I’m not surprised any more.
I never imagined when we were first dating that I could love him more and more every year, I thought we would run out of things to talk about or grow bored of each other but in fact it’s the opposite.
I love him more now than I ever did. And I think living together has done that. We are a team now and we have to stick together and get things sorted out.
It’s funny, over the last few weeks I’ve been told by 3 different people that we are perfect for each other and that we have the perfect relationship. It’s definitely far from that but I’m more than happy with my lot.
He told me just the other night that he loves me for “how I get on” (hmm think that means I’m a bit of a doofus), that he loves my humour (even though it’s weird) and my laugh and crazy ideas.
I love him for his kindness, his affection and how me makes me feel confident to be my true self.
If you’re reading, Happy Anniversary baby x

No comments: